As you probably know, there have been multiple efforts by congress to repeal, replace or otherwise change the Affordable Care Act (ACA). As of this writing (August 3, 2017), all of these efforts have failed to pass.
Unless other legislative or agency action is taken, employer responsibilities required by the ACA remain in place. Looking ahead into early next year (for plans subject to the requirements), this may include:
- Preparation and distribution of the SBC (and Notice of Modifications to the SBC)
- Disclosure of grandfathered status in all enrollment and plan materials
- Distribution of the Coverage Options (Exchange) Notice to new hires
- Payment of fees for the Transitional Reinsurance Program
- Reporting of health insurance costs on Form W-2
- Reporting of coverage on Forms 1094 and 1095
Plans subject to these requirements will receive their normal email reminders from Compliancedashboard when it is time to complete a task.
Please know that we are staying abreast of all legislative activity and will alert you if there are any changes that impact your compliance responsibilities.